A stress-free wedding requires planning and organisation, and a wedding planning checklist can help keep brides on track. Here is a simple, yet detailed, check list for weddings that can help couples prepare for their wedding ceremony without unnecessary drama.
One Year to Nine Months Before the Wedding
1. Create a wedding book for ideas, receipts and appointments.
2. Decide on a budget.
3. Choose your wedding party and start a guest list.
4. Reserve your date with all the venues and book the officiant for the ceremony.
Eight Months Before
1. Hire the photographer, videographer and caterer.
2. Book the musicians and entertainment for your ceremony and reception.
3. Purchase the wedding dress – buying a dress early will allow you time for fittings.
4. Reserve hotel rooms.
5. Register with at least three retails shops.
Six Months Before
1. Purchase invitations and start addressing envelopes.
2. Plan the honeymoon.
3. Decide upon bridesmaid dresses.
4. Send save-the-date notices.
5. Book the florist.
6. Arrange for transportation.
7. Ensure that all venues have all the services, furnishings, and electronics needed.
Four Months to Two Months Before
1. Order the cake.
2. Purchase wedding shoes and undergarments. Be sure to bring them to your wedding dress fittings.
3. Schedule hair and makeup.
4. Select music.
5. Choose menus and print menu cards.
6. Order any wedding party gifts and wedding favours.
7. Finalise the event’s schedule, including readings at the ceremony and toasts at the reception. Send copies to all the vendors.
8. Purchase the wedding rings.
9. Submit an announcement to your local newspaper.
10. Mail invitations six to eight weeks before the ceremony.
11. Register for a marriage certificate.
One Month to One Week Before
1. Confirm attendance with guests, and assign seating arrangements.
2. Pay vendors, and place tips in envelopes to bring with you.
3. Delegate wedding tasks.
4. Create a ceremony timeline, and give copies to the wedding party.
A check list for weddings can be a helpful guide to keep you organised. Be sure and bring yours with you wherever your wedding plans take you.